Last week I read an Instagram post that really got my attention.
Anybody who has started a business will be able to relate to each and every item in this post. And if you think about it, the reason that you follow and like certain businesses is because you feel like their message is speaking to you in some way.
After I saw this post last week, I started thinking about what makes me stand out in my business. There are plenty of other budgeting and financial personalities out there. What kind of message do I want to be sending? It has been one of the hardest parts for me in forming my message.
Here are pieces of my strong point of view:
- The debt snowball is a great program, but many people are not going to be able to adhere strictly to it. I recommend using it in a way that works for you if you are trying to get out of debt. If you can’t generate an extra $500/month to start, go ahead and start anyway with whatever extra income you can generate. It still works, it’s just slower.
- You don’t need a special notebook or sticky notes or any other special items to start and stick to a budget. I have used a notebook from Walmart for the last 12 years. I need a new one soon.
- If there are things you don’t want to give up, like eating in restaurants or buying high-quality cosmetics, then don’t. Simply make sure you can fit them into your budget and debt plan, and don’t carry guilt about it.
- If you aren’t willing to do the work required to meet a goal (any goal), you won’t meet it. Don’t necessarily give up on that goal because someday you might be willing to do the work, but in the meantime, don’t blame others for the lack of reaching it.
- You should be surrounding yourself with positive people and limiting contact with negative people as much as possible.
- You don’t have to have the same point of view as others to have respect and learn from each other.
- You should always be trying to better yourself.
- If you know something that could help somebody else, shout it from the rooftops!
And on that note, sign up for my Rebates and Beyond webinar that is coming up on June 13th so I can teach you all about how I save money using rebate apps. I’ve been really successful for the last couple of years saving money and I want to teach you how, too!
You can sign up right here.